If you’ve been running Watchtower Library 2010 [WTL] under Wine 1.3, a recent update may have broken WTL & prevent it from launching.
I decided to switch back to version 1.2, from the repositories. As this is more stable. (Wine HQ reminds us that 1.3 is beta & regressions are likely.)
Running Xubuntu 10.04 LTS I insert CD & choose to allow auto run. If you are using Ubuntu then you can run WTL by dropping to CLI & typing:
Followed by the full path of the executable. Or GUI method:
Applications-> Wine-> Uninstall Wine Software-> Install (remember to mount CD.)
Once installed, to get WTL to launch (this step Xubuntu only) we must copy all the files from:
.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Watchtower/MEPSPlatform 2.3
.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Watchtower/Watchtower Library 2010/E
WTL will now launch, but immediately fall over with; “The program WTLibrary.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close” error. To resolve:
- Download iphlpapi.dll from this link
- Copy it to your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 folder
- Select Yes to replace existing file.
- Now go to the Applications menu, and choose the Wine section, followed by Configure Wine.
Click on the Libraries tab and, under the “New override for library” heading, type (do not copy & paste):
- Click the Add button, and answer Yes to the warning prompt.
- Click Apply then OK to close the Wine Configuration applet, and Watchtower Library should now launch successfully.