By no means exhaustive, the following are my various musings on the advantages of Linux:
- No file fragmentation & therefore no lengthy defrag process, though to be fair this can be unobtrusively scheduled.
- A disk check takes all of 5 seconds! As anyone who’s run CHKDSK can testify, it takes an age to scan & fix disk errors under any version of Windows.
- A central system for both security & app updates.
- Customization. There is endless customization options to tweak your fave distro of choice!
- Innovation. Development happens at a blistering pace. Windows may get new functionality with, say, a service pack. But seems stale in comparison to Linux.
- Bugs. Turning a negative into a positive, it can be very rewarding to hunt down/report/fix a bug.
- Runs on hardware that would otherwise be scrapped, (LXDE/XFCE & others.)
Powered by Blogilo